And then, stash/remnants busting projects.
With an easy technique.
Create your own vortex !
But be prepared to use a lot of thread... (I must have killed a 100m/91y bobbin with the cushion cover).
And all thanks to this amazing tutorial.
My first try, the placemat.
I used polyester felt instead of batting. It works well once you already have a few pieces on it. As you can see, the middle is a bit warped.
My second try, the cushion cover.
What I learned (with mine and by looking at others) : for a more natural, and irregular look, the center piece needs to be "surrounded" by at least 5 pieces ; for a better 3D effect, the outer pieces need to be quite wide, even if, in the end, just a tiny bit will show.